Saturday, January 24, 2009

Just a tad annoyed...

Ok, this is going to be a ranty entry and I apologise in advance! Skip this post if you don't want to hear me going on about it ;)

Ok, so last night we asked the neighbours over for a little chit chat and a few drinks.. mum and dad came up and joined us (we were all sitting outside under the carport .. it had been a STINKING hot day.. it got close to midnight and mum and dad decided to head inside and go to bed. Mum was halfway through folding up one of the chairs and next thing I see she's falling backwards. She hit the concrete hard :( Real hard. Thankfully the neighbour is an ambo guy and knew exactly what to do. I got to mum and pulled the chair off her and helped remove the chair UNDER her, as well as a broom (don't ask me why that was out there).. seriously, the way mum looked I've never been so scared in my life. She was WHITE.. pure white and her mouth was in this weird position, her hands were twisted in near her body and omg.. but thankfully Mick roused her awake and asked her the memory questions (whats the date, where do you live etc etc).. she was kind of out of it, but could answer every question correctly (thank god!).. after about half an hour, he sat her up and got me to make her a honey sandwich, and she ate half of that. She started to perk up, but we decided it would be best to take her to the local hospital to get checked out. She has Type 2 diabetes and has just lost a whole heap of weight, which is fantastic! Her blood sugar and everything else was fine, and after about half an hour of observation, we came home (THANK YOU Mick and Violet for that too!! I'd had way too much to drink to drive her there!).. So it was nearly 2am by the time we got home. I pretty much went straight to bed.

Now for the rant. I got woken by the kids at about 7.30am.. so I'd had about 5 1/2 hours sleep. No problem. Keith got up about an hour after me. So he'd had about 7 hours sleep. A little later I went and laid on the bed and contemplated having a sleep. Keith came in and "jokingly" told me I better not be sleeping.. so of course, that put the guilts into me and I got off the bed and started doing things around the house. Later in the day we get a call from his sister wanting to know whether we wanted to go for a swim at her house because it was so hot. So we accepted. Sophie had to be at work by 5.30pm, so we organised that I would take the kids over to his sisters and he'd stay and take Sophie to work and meet me there later. Ok.. no problem. Then I remembered at about 4.30pm that I'd forgotten to take my medication with me (yes, I'm on MORE medication now *sigh*), so I decided to call Keith to get him to bring it for me. Sophie answers the phone and when I ask where dad is.. he's asleep! Grrrr.. so anyway, he meets me at his sisters and the kids show off their new swimming abilities with their new floaties (I'll post photos in the next post).. we get home and sitting around for a while, and he gets the poo's with me because I didn't hear him on two occasions. So he stomps off to bed. Meanwhile, I'm having to wait up until midnight to go pick Sophie up from work. Nice. Thanks for the help there love. Ughhh... I'm trying to keep myself awake and its not working too well. Hopefully the aircon in the car will wake me up enough to get me through it. I just thought it would have been nice for him to offer to go get her seeing as he'd already caught up on some sleep this afternoon. So, I'm not really happy right now. And that's putting it mildly! It's just totally taken for granted that I'll stay up and I'll be fine.

Men... wtf is up with them??????

P.S. A sidenote about my mum. She went to the docs this morning to let him know about last night, and he said its what is called "sinking"... it was a stinking hot day, she's lost alot of weight, she was dehydrated and had skipped a meal. Not a good combination at all! Basically after sitting for a while, the blood had pooled in her legs, and when she stood up, it didn't circulate to her brain like it should have, so out she went. Honestly, I never want to ever see that again! It was terrifying!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

OMFG hun about your mum how scary! Im so glad that she is alright! And Do I need to come give Keith a kick in the butt?! WTF?? Hugs hun!

Susie said...

That sounds really scary, glad I wasn't there.
Hugs for being there and handling it the way you did.
Lovya
xox