Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Oh dear, where did my sweet girl go??


I should start off by saying that yes, Becky IS still a sweet little thing who melts my heart every single day. Tonight tested that! She had a rough night last night, and ended up in bed with us for around half an hour because she got scared "by a ghost". After half an hour, she decided she wanted to go back to her bed, so all was good. Apparently she then woke up when Keith was getting ready to leave for work at 4.30am. She must have gone back to sleep after he left, because she was asleep when I got up at 7am. She didn't end up waking up until around 9am.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, she was sitting at the table this evening around 7.30pm and her eyes were literally red rimmed from being so tired. So we gave her until 7.45pm and then told her it was bedtime. Well, did the dramatics start! She threw a mini tantrum and begged us to let her stay up and watch Toy Story 2. We told her no, it was time for bed. The next HOUR (!!!) consisted of screaming fits and she wound herself up so much that she couldn't talk between sobs. At one stage when she asked if she could watch some TV and Keith said no, she actually lashed out and tried to grab at his face!! It stunned both Keith and I, and she got a stern talking to and told to settle down and that it was time for bed. She wasn't having any of it. Lachie went to bed at 8.30pm (his usual bedtime) and as soon as he walked into their bedroom, she started yelling "MUMMMMM.. Lachlan won't be quiettttt".. I let her do that twice before I went in and told her to stop it and go to sleep. I walked away and she started up at Lachie again. In the end I had to go in and pop her on the bottom because her behaviour was getting totally out of hand at that point. She finally went to sleep at 9.15pm. 1 1/2 hours after we initially put her to bed. She honestly was so wound up, and we didn't want to cave and bring her out because that was just going to reward the tantrum. Oh lord, she really is a livewire this one. I love her more than anything, but her tantrums really are starting to get the better of me lately! I don't know what to do with it all. Maybe I need parenting classes??? *SIGH*
Anyway, enough about that. Its been quite a while since I have posted, and I want to add some of my recent layouts to show off. I think I'm definitely getting better, little by little. I'm by no means talented at it, but I'm happy with what I'm accomplishing, 3 months into it :)

Here goes....

This one is one of my total favourites. One afternoon we were all downstairs playing, and Becky was jumping on the trampoline. She had some static going on, so I grabbed the camera and took some pictures of her hair raising fun. I honestly couldn't stop laughing, and don't know how I managed to get these photos LOL

I decided to do a simple but hopefully effective layout of Jaffa. I really like how it turned out!

This one was a spur of the moment layout that I did last night that reflected my feelings at that very moment about being 35. The journalling basically says how I'm dreading all the wrinkles that are happening so suddenly these days, but that I'm now realising that with each new line, it means I've had one more chance to laugh and smile with my 4 kids :) I like how it turned out :)

This was for a wordart challenge, and as soon as I read the wordart, I knew what I was going to be doing with it. It really is amazing when you put Sophies, Becky's and my photos together when we were at the same age.

And lastly, this was for the Applecart Challenge at Scrap Orchard.. I am really very happy with how it came together, and I'm so in love with the pictures of Becky brushing her teeth..

So that's it for the time being. I think I've exhausted myself with my novel about Becky and her meltdown! I'll be back soon with more of life and scrapping, because there is ALWAYS something going on at the Orchard :D

No comments: