Monday, December 22, 2008

Oh what a night...

Late December back in 2008.. hahaha really.. love that song!

Anyway, I'm back from the night away, and OMG what fun it was! We got there around 2.30pm and settled into our room. Everyone else started turning up, so we all migrated to one area near the pool and started drinking. I was drinking American Honey, and that stuff is just TOO easy to drink! And it sneaks up on you! I had three drinks and felt just fine.. no affects at all, then all of a sudden I got all giggly and was totally loving the company. There were 9 of us all up, and only 3 were ladies hahaha.. so funny! But it really was a great little get together. Most of us have known each other for over 10 years (if not more!!!!) so it was very easy to get the conversation rolling. One of the wives I haven't seen in quite a few years, but she's so easy going and SO DARN FUNNY that I was in stitches before long. Dinner was soooooo good! For entree I had a Caesar Salad with cajun squid rings on top. I haven't had such beautifully cooked squid in my life! It just melted in your mouth. Then main was a 300g Sirloin steak. That was heavenly. And of course, the conversations that started at dinner, I'm surprised I actually ate anything! Halfway through dinner, I was laughing so hard at this other wifes chatter, that I was hiding my face behind my napkin because I had tears rolling down my face. I'd share the joke, but its a long story, and I think its one of those "You had to be there" moments. So after dinner we sat there having another drink or two and then decided to go 5 minutes up the road to a bar. 4 of us walked up there, and the rest drove in 1 car (OMG I can't believe they drove after drinking!!) So we had a little flutter on the pokies. I (as usually) didn't win anything at all, but one of the girls won $90 on one machine, and the other won $200! Then the boss shouted us two rounds of shooters (Cowboys! won't put in the full name as it may offend some LOL).. SOOOOO good.. I could have drunk those all night. So then we got back to the motel around 10.30pm and by that time I wasn't up for anymore drinking, and Keith and I had to be up early to go do the last of our christmas shopping (which still wasn't completed.. I have to go back to the shops this morning to finish it up.. ughh!).. Breakfast was at 8am and my family can attest for me that I NEVER get a hangover.. well, yesterday morning I wouldn't say I was hungover, but I was feeling quite seedy and bacon and eggs for breakfast just wasn't going down so well.. but I managed to eat it and surprisingly felt much better after. I think it was the fried tomato that did the trick! So then we went shopping and got 95% of it done. I just have to get two more things and I'm all done! Then its wrapping and assembling.. joy oh joy! haha.. Seriously, I'm SO looking forward to christmas morning!!! Keep an eye out here for pics, because I'm not sure I'll update again until after christmas :)

But anyway, that's my novel for now. If I don't update again before christmas day, I hope you ALL have a wonderful day with the ones you love. I know of a few that will be missing their husbands due to deployment, and my heart breaks for them! Keep safe, and I'll be back soon xx

No comments: