Thursday, September 4, 2008

Random rambles...

So I went to the docs yesterday, and I have bronchitis which I am now taking antibiotics for. The two little ones developed mild conjunctivitis, so got drops for them. And low and behold, I wake up at 2am this morning with one of my eyes glued almost shut... ughhh... so I'm taking the drops now too. And OMG, its awful! I can taste the drops at the back of my nose.. its like the liquid is going from my eyes and dripping into the back of my nose.. it tastes disgusting and I'm gagging every now and then at the taste of it LOL Ah, the joys of being a mum and catching what your kids get ;) That's ok, they like to share lol

We're supposed to be getting a pretty big storm today, with lots of rain and wind. It's already windy, and it started raining this morning walking out the front door to take Lachie to school. We need the rain! And it will be a good test of how well putting the gravel down on the driveway worked at stopping the mudpit that usually happens when we get a good amount of rain.

Lachie is having school photos done today. You have to return the form and money on the day of photos or they don't get photos at all. So I had to quickly run to the supermarket this morning before I dropped him off at school to get the cash out to pay for them. They better be good! $36!!! But if they are anything like last years, I will be well and truly satisfied :) I will have to scan one when I get them back! He really does take a nice school picture :D

Keiths got an almost full weekend ahead. Friday night he wants to go to the Broncos game. Its their last homegame and he hasn't been to one game all season. Then saturday, the guy two doors up has asked if he wants to go out fishing that afternoon/evening. And sunday we are supposed to be going to his brothers in the afternoon for a BBQ for fathers day. I won't be going to his brothers, with me and the kids having conjunctivitis. I wouldn't want to pass it on to their kids. So I've told him, he can do two out of the three things, because I am NOT going to spend three afternoon/evenings alone with all these kids! LOL So he can either do football/fishing, fishing/BBQ or football/BBQ LOL choices choices.. he told me he couldn't just choose two, and I told him that hey, 2 outta 3 aint bad ;) So I dunno. He may not even end up going fishing if the weather stays like this. Although saturday is still three days away. But still, you just never know. I would love to go fishing too, but have noone to watch the kids for 4-5 hours. Oh well.. we'll go out one weekend through the day when we can take the kids with us :) It's a bit more hectic and we can't fully put all our attention on fishing, but the kids love going out on the boat, and they've been cooped up in this house for long enough and deserve a day out!

On other news, I'm just days away from getting myself an External Harddrive for my computer! It's getting quite bogged down with graphics and photos and games and music, so once I clear that out, it should run alot smoother and faster. I also want to get my proper antivirus back, because I'm suspecting AVG isn't catching absolutely everything, even though they say it will. AND, I am hoping I can stretch it to buy myself Photoshop Elements 6... People rave about it, and it does sound (eventually!) easier to use than Paint Shop Pro. I will have to check out the price and see how much its going for. I think PSE7 has just been released very recently, so they will have hopefully reduced the price of PSE6 by a good amount. We'll just have to wait and see :)

I also have to remind myself that I need to take our two DVD players back to The Good Guys to get replaced. Ok, I only paid $50 each for them back in April, but we've had them just over 4 months and both of them have malfunctioned with the exact same error message. So back to the store it is, and they better replace them, or I want a full refund. My kids thrive on being able to watch their DVD's and its driving them crazy without a working DVD player in the house! Thankfully we have a VCR to fall back on, but its just not the same for them. None of the recent movies are on VCR, and they are dying to watch Ratatouille! So maybe over the weekend I will go take them back and then while I'm out price the EHD's and PSE6 :)

That's about it for my random rambles. I haven't managed any more layouts since my blue tongued lizard layout, so will hopefully find an hour or two to play around today. The kids will be staying inside all day with the weather as rotten as it is!

With that, I'll log off with this...

Random Thought of the Day: Can't they make eyedrops taste like strawberry??

1 comment:

Susie said...

To add to that...

Why can't they make adult cough medicine that tastes NICE - any flavour, as long as it tastes good.